Parents and students should keep in mind the following principles of discipline laid down in the Secondary School Code (1986) Rule 56: Students should realise that they are responsible to the school authorities not only for their conduct in school but also for their general behaviour outside reported/or observed objectionable conduct out of school on the part of students shall make them liable to disciplinary action.
Students are expected to have regular attendance and study habits, prompt obedience, courtesy in speech and conduct, cleanliness of dress and person (including socks and shoes) each day.
Students are not allowed to leave the school premises during school hours FOR ANY REASON. Half days or Short leave is not permitted. If the student is required to attend some important event during school hours, she/he will have to remain absent for the whole day. No discussion or queries will be entertained in this regard.
The Management has the right to charge / take disciplinary action for habitual defaulters who break the rules and regulations of the school.
The final decision to grant or refuse admission and to retain or dismiss a child rests with the management alone.
The student must look after her/his own belongings. Raincoats, caps, sweaters, umbrellas, change of clothes, if any, and all books, bags etc. MUST be marked with the name and class of the owner.
The school is not responsible for students staying on the school campus, before or after school hours.
Only students from class 6 and up will be given permission to appear for competitive exams.
Parents/Guardians and others are not permitted to go to the class to meet the student or any teacher/s during school hours.
Parents/Guardians should bring any complaints they may have to the Principal and NOT to the teacher/s.
When writing to the Principal, parents/guardians are requested to mention the standard and division in which the student is studying.
IT IS POSSIBLE TO MEET THE PRINCIPAL ONLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT.
The Principal’s permission is required for the following:
- to make monetary collection for any purpose whatsoever
- to arrange for a party, picnic or meeting of Gurukul students in school uniform or under the school banner.
- to join a Sports meet or play in a game not arranged by the school, to bring books, periodicals or newspapers, CDs, Cassettes etc. into the school premises. If any such items are found with the student, they will be confiscated.
- to visit a student or teacher in the classroom. This permission will be granted rarely and only in exceptional cases.
- It is mandatory for all students of Std I to X to attend the Republic Day & Independence Day celebration. EXCUSES WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED
- Parents/Guardians cannot dictate terms to the management. On no account is anyone permitted to resort to, or bring pressure through political influence.
- SCHOOL CHILDREN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CARRY ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICES TO SCHOOL.
- It is not advisable for a student to have money or any other valuable articles with her/him.
- Even though they may possess a driving license, the students must not enter the school premises driving a car, an automobile or two-wheeler scooter, motor-cycle or moped.
- Students of school-going age are not expected to take part in political activities.
- Failure to comply with the rules laid down in the school diary will lead to disciplinary action.
- Std 5 onwards, students are expected to carry their required books and stationery items.
- I-card is compulsory for all children.
- All Students (Std I to X) must reach school before 8.20 a.m. on a regular school day.
- Minimum 75% attendance is compulsory in each term, failing which Academic report will not be given and promotion will be doubtful. Attendance on the first and last day of each term as well as before and after every vacation is compulsory.
- In case of illness the child should be kept at home.
- Boys: Crew cut or NDA cut is a must.
Girls: Black elastic Nylon hair bands to be worn every day. Long hair or shoulder length hair to be braided or tied into ponytails daily. If the child happens to have lice, kindly keep the child at home till the hair is absolutely clean.
Nails: To be cut every week.
- ONLY WHITE CLEAN CANVAS SHOES AND WHITE PLAIN SOCKS must be worn throughout the year.
Home work / Class work Rules
- Std IV onwards, it is the students’ responsibility to complete the assigned class work / homework / projects and assignments. Absentees and their parents are requested to complete the work within a stipulated time. Absentees and parents from std I-III must ensure the same.
- The school timings are 8.20 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. Students must be in School premises by 8.15 am as per the school clock. School Gates will close at 8.25 a.m.